Standard and Anti-Lock Brakes
When it comes to safety, no part of your vehicle is more important than the brakes. They should be inspected at least once a year to determine the condition of the hydraulic system and operating hardware. While the entire braking system requires attention, the friction materials – the pads and shoes, along with the rotors and drums – require constant attention because they wear down each time you apply your brakes.
How can it tell when my brakes need servicing?
- The brake pedal can be depressed nearly to the floor.
- You hear a squealing or other unusual noise when you apply the brakes. (Some brands of brake pads have a built-in device that produces a high-pitched squeal when the brakes pads are wearing thin.
- The car pulls to one side when you apply the brakes.
- You feel a grinding or pulsating sensation as you come to a stop.
In general, if there is something about your brakes that is making you uncomfortable, you should have them inspected.
ABS Braking System
Our technicians are also experts in servicing the computer-controlled components of the anti-lock braking system (ABS) that are common on today’s vehicles.
- “The Perfect Brake Job” http://theperfectbrakejob.com/ link to Napa site the list the steps that we go through on each brake job that we perform at atc AutoCenter. We use only Napa parts on each brake job.
We have invested in the latest technology for re-surfacing the rotors while still on the vehicle. This process has been indorsed by the O.E as the only approved method for re-surfacing rotors on today’s complex vehicles.
We are a Certified Rotor Matching Center:
|atc AutoCenter (0.0 miles)
1853 Gordon Hwy
Augusta GA 30904 Google Map